1.0 Committee Purpose
To empower and celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion within the PPPC while supporting the mission of PPPC to lead, inspire and advance the industry, via:
• Educate – diversity, equity and inclusion are important, intentional action makes a difference
• Equip – give members tools to do their own diversity and inclusion work
• Amplify – give a bigger voice to under-represented groups
• Act – foster more diversity within our association and on PPPC committees and board
Committee members seek to inspire change in their own work life/businesses and to provide DEI leadership within the industry.
The DEI Committee is responsible for planning activities to advance the committee purpose. Typical activities include:
• Content strategy and content production for PPPC Weekly e-blast
• Educational sessions
• Maintenance and evolution of the webpage pppc.ca/dei
The committee will consist of at least six individuals from PPPC member companies. Anyone from a PPPC member company of good standing is welcome to join the committee.
Meetings will be held 10 times per year, typically once per month from September to June.
Once a year, typically in September, the committee will recommend a new chairperson to the Board for approval. A chairperson may hold the position for a maximum of 24 months, but a 12-month term is preferable.
The Chair is responsible to:
• Call meetings of the committee.
• Chair meetings of the committee.
• Designate another Board member who is a committee member to chair the committee in the Chair’s absence.
• Report to the Board on the work of the committee.
Date Last Reviewed: June 9, 2021