Tis the Season to Give Back!
PPPC in collaboration with our Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, and British Columbia Chapters are encouraging members to end the year by lending a helping hand to those in need.
Throughout November and December, simply drop off a non-perishable food item, clothing, toiletries, toys, etc. to your favourite local or national charity and snap a shot, share on social media, and tag the PPPC and use the hashtag #pppcgivesback.
We want to share your good deeds on social media and our newsletter this holiday season and also inspire others. So be sure to tag us!
Canadians in Need by the Numbers:
Food Insecurity in Canada
18% of Canadians are living with food insecurity and more families are turning to food banks.
There were almost 1.9 million visits to food banks across Canada in just March 2023.
600,000 of those visits in one month were made by children.
Food bank usage rose 75% from 2019 to 2023
Food banks across Canada are struggling to keep up with the demand.
What Foodbanks Need this Holiday Season:
- Grains – Cereal, rice, pasta, oats, granola bars and flour
- Proteins – canned fish, chicken, beans and legumes, peanut butter
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Pantry staples – soup, pasta sauce, stews, and chilli.
- Baby food and formulas.
- Hygienic goods including toilet paper, cleaning products, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, diapers, sanitary pads, and tampons.
How to Help Children and Youth Have a Happy Holiday Season:
Donate unwrapped toys, gift cards or clothing for:
- Baby and Toddlers
- Youth – don’t forget our teens to ensure they have a great Holiday as well!
Types of Clothing Donations:
- Winter gear including hats, scarves, and gloves
- Any types of tops including t-shirts, long-sleeved jerseys, etc.
- Hoodies, winter jackets, etc.
- Socks, underwear
- Blankets as part of your year-end inventory
Donations can also be monetary to help feed, shelter, and cloth our fellow Canadians. Remember you can make your monetary donations count BIG when donating on November 28, for Giving Tuesday. To share any monetary donations – just take a screen grab of the charities logo and showcase on your social media and tag us with the hashtag #pppcgivesback